Check out the following information from the Iowa Regional planning team.
We are super excited for the Iowa Regional coming up in a couple days!
We have a few new items for you and some reminders:
1. There will be a company selling event clothing this year. Let your students know this is available so they can plan to make a purchase if they choose. Sorry but we do not have a price list available.
2. John Deere will bring a 3D CAD model viewing system you will want to see. As a bonus it should be possible to load your robot model into the viewer if you bring your Creo files with you. Look for this on Thursday at the west side of the pit area.
3. With three weeks of events now complete there have been a few things learned by the CSA's (Control System Advisors - the people in the orange hats in the pits). There is a document attached with information for your software and electronics group to consider to make your robot more robust.
4. Please ask your students to sign up as ambassadors. We will have around 400 elementary students visiting on Friday and need lots of ambassadors to help. If they are having problems signing up on VIMS please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will take names by email.
5. Let us know if any of your students are interested in joining the National Anthem choir. Email: email@example.com
Here is the information for our upcoming Iowa regional.
DATES: March 21-24
LOCATION: University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
We are staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Waterloo (about 15 minutes from UNI).
SCHEDULE: Full regional schedule
Leave after school - Load in at UNI 6:30-8:30PM
8:30AM Pits open
12:00PM-6:30PM Practice Matches
8:00AM Pits open
8:30AM Opening Ceremonies
9AM-6:15PM Qualification Matches
8:00AM Pits open
9:00AM-12:00PM Qualification Matches
1:30PM Playoff Matches
4:30PM Awards Ceremony
9:00PM Return to School
Team expenses for the event are $150 per student. With the Seroogy's chocolate fundraiser, students offset their cost by $36 per case sold. Contact Mr. Schmidt or Mr. Deardoff if you need to verify your final cost. Checks can be made payable to Bennington High School. Students will be responsible for their own meals during the trip. Breakfast will be provided at the hotel.
IF YOU NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, IT IS AVAILABLE. Contact Mr. Schmidt for an application. Finances should not be a barrier to your attendance at the regional.